Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Letter Naming Fluency



I tried a new activity last week (or was it the week before that. . . the weeks are blurring together).

A n y w a y s. . . . I made a Power Point presentation.  The pages are on a timer so for the first part there is a "Shout It Out" section where the kids shout at the letters as they show up on the screen.  The 2nd part of the presentation slows down and the kids graph the letters as they appear on the screen:



M, S, R and T were obviously the focus letters for this presentation.   The kids liked it so much I made another one for letters A, C, N & P.

I also saved the images as .jpg so that they can be used on a photo frame.   I might move this activity into a center with the photo frame and use this recording sheet:

I like this one for centers better because it's more "open."
(There aren't a limited number of boxes to fill like on the bar graph.)


To try it out for free click HERE.

I'm also slowly adding more files as I finish them.    ACNP is on now.  Click HERE to see that one.



11 comments:

  1. The pp is really cute! Any chance you could post it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a spot in the post that links to my TPT store where I have it listed for free. If the link isn't working here's the url: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/MRST-Recognition-Power-Point-Photo-Frame-Activity

      Delete
  2. OOOOOOhhhh that would be fun with high frequency words! great idea, Michelle!
    Staci

    Going Nutty!

    misssquirrels@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Staci! You read my mind! My team also wants to do one for counting. I'm doing a post about that tomorrow!

      Delete
  3. THank you so much. What a wonderful resource. I can't wait to try it out with my class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! The kids love the colorful fonts and it's a skill that always need some practice...thanks for sharing :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well we really like to visit this site, many useful information we can get here.Really nice and interesting post. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one. Keep posting. Thanks for sharing.

    leave application for school student for going outstation

    ReplyDelete