Thursday, August 23, 2012

Another Reason I Love Duct Tape

"Lucky Duck" stick:  
(colored craft stick with duct tape wrapped around one end)

I use the sticks to pick helpers, students to answer questions, etc.  Using the sticks helps me make sure I call on every child fairly. No wondering "who hasn't helped yet" or "who hasn't volunteered"  plus it keeps the kids from saying "no fair" or "she already got to help!"

My sticks are kept in this cup:

Purple side up means that stick hasn't been "picked" yet.  Green side (name side) up means that child has been "picked."  When all the sticks are green side up I flip them all back to purple and start again.



Click pic to get a lucky duck label:

WAIT!  Before you go:

All Students Can Shine is having her one year Blogiversary!  Her blog is 1 year old and she has some fantastic prizes to give away!  
Check it out!

Which reminds me that my 1 year is coming up also. . . better get started planning my giveaway!


1 comment:

  1. Michelle, if you have an iphone there is an app called stick pick! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete