This week we'll start introducing #'s 1-10. We take 2 days for each letter.
1. Read a story about the number being introduced.
2. Smartboard File for discussing Number Sense. Kids pick pictures representing the number and move them above the line. Pictures not representing the number stay below the line:
Available on my TPT for $2.00 (click picture)
3. Independent practice page:
Available on TPT for $2.00 (click picture)
4. Math Centers for hands on practice and review of old skills.
1. Review of Number Sense by completing top of this page together:
Download this file for FREE (click picture)
2. Number writing practice on bottom of worksheet above.
Each number has a chant we say as we draw the number. I'm sure you've seen these (or version of) before:
1: Straight line down. One is fun.
2: Around and back on the railroad track is two, two, two.
3: Around a tree, around a tree, that's the way you make a 3.
4: Down and over and down once more, that's the way you make a 4.
5: Down and around and a hat on top, man alive you've made a 5.
6: Down and a loop, a 6 rolls a hoop.
7: Across the sky and down from heaven, that's the way you make a 7.
8: Make an S and do not wait, go back up and close the gate.
9: A balloon and a line, that's the way you make a 9.
3. Math Centers for hands on practice and review of old skills!